The Birdwatchers' Code
Following The Birdwatchers’ Code is good practice, common sense and should enable us all to enjoy seeing birds.
Here are 5 things to remember:
- Avoid disturbing birds and their habitats – the birds’ interests should always come first
- Be an ambassador for birdwatching
- Know the law and the rules for visiting the countryside, and follow them
- Send your sightings to the County Bird Recorder and the Birdtrack website
- Think about the interests of wildlife and local people before passing on news of a rare bird